Breaking News

TRANSITIONS CONTACT LENSES REVIEW - ACUVUE OASYS

 TRANSITIONS CONTACT LENSES REVIEW ACUVUE OASYS 


 It was a pleasure to try Acuvue's contact lenses that darken when exposed to sunlight - and I would have purchased them if they weren't so expensive.


My schoolmates began turning up with amazing glasses that changed colours when they were in the sunshine at one point while I was in school, and I remember being fascinated by them.




Ten years later, it seems that technological advances have allowed those spectacles to take on a more subtle appearance: contact lenses that shift from clear to black when exposed to bright lights and may also provide protection against dangerous UV rays, according to some reports.

BUY  TRANSITIONS CONTACT LENSES FROM USA : https://amzn.to/2XnmOl2

BUY  TRANSITIONS CONTACT LENSES FROM INDIA : https://amzn.to/3nyfpKm

Having worn contacts on a daily basis for more than a decade and keeping them in for extended periods of time, I've lately noticed that my eyes are becoming drier and that I'm squinting more in the sunshine than I was before.

TRANSITIONS CONTACT LENSES


That's why, when the chance arose to try out Acuvue's new OASYS Transitions contact lenses, I offered my eyes to see whether they were worth moving from my existing brand of contact lenses for.



If the word "transitions" in the name sounds familiar, it's because the built-in 'light intelligent technology' allows the lenses to adjust from clear to dark and back again based on the intensity of changing light conditions — just like the ones in transition glasses — just like the ones in transition glasses.


Aside from that, these lenses provide the greatest degree of UV protection available in contact lenses, as well as blue light filtering. They are claimed to assist the user minimise squinting when exposed to bright light because they constantly balance the quantity of light that enters the eye.


The Acuvue Oasys is also said to assist in the recovery of vision after exposure to bright lights by recovering eyesight five seconds quicker than competing lenses on the market.


While completing several tests to determine whether or not the lenses were appropriate, an optometrist dropped the bombshell that I was suffering from corneal damage as a result of my frequent use of contact lenses.


That explains why I was experiencing some pain in my eyes — but I've been ignoring them in the midst of everything else that is going on in my life at the moment.


But, for the sake of my job (and my own ego), I decided to continue testing out the new Acuvue Oasys lenses for the following two weeks before committing to reducing my contact lens use altogether.


AND HOW DID THEY PERFORM?


Despite the fact that they are intended to function as transition glasses, the Acuvue transitions lenses will not tint your vision or make it darker, so you won't have to worry about appearing like an alien.


So, if you're considering replacing your sunglasses with these lenses, think again. They are not intended for this function, and they will not dim your vision in the same way that sunglasses will do.

TRANSITIONS CONTACT LENSES


When I was wearing them inside, I didn't detect any significant differences from when I was using my normal contact lenses.


However, when I tried them outside, I saw a significant change. As part of a (somewhat) fair experiment, I put on my normal coloured lens on my left eye and the transition lens on my right eye, and then covered each eye one at a time with the transition lens.


It was clear that the eye that did not have the transition lens was more sensitive to sunshine, and the difference was even more apparent when I went back to my normal lenses. In addition, I saw a significant change even when I wasn't wearing lenses at all, and it's possible that my eyes had become used to the Acuvue Oasy lenses since I was squinting more than usual.


According to what I saw in the contact lens container, the lenses change from clear to black in seconds when exposed to sunshine, however it takes a few minutes for the lenses to reverse once they are inside.


TRANSITIONS CONTACT LENSES


Whether I wore them, however, I did not detect any significant difference in my eyesight when going from one room to another or from one outdoor location to another.


In terms of comfort, I noticed that my eyes were slightly drier when I was wearing the Acuvue Oasys lenses, though I'm not sure if this was a result of learning that my eyes are drier than the average person's or if it was a conscious reaction to learning that my eyes are drier than the average person's.


The Acuvue Oasys with Transitions lenses cost $88 for a package of three pairs, which means that one month of using them will put me back by a cool $60. (since each pair lasts for two weeks). However, my current monthly disposables cost about $15 per month (I purchased them from JB), which is four times less expensive.


Because coloured lenses allow for the least amount of oxygen to enter the eyes, they are considered the worst type of lenses by every ophthalmologist I've ever questioned, and it seems that being a cheapskate since my education days is having a toll on my eyes as well.


The fact is, it's never too late to begin taking better care of your eyes, and now that I am earning an adult's income, it's past time for me to assume more responsibility and make more informed choices when it comes to selecting lenses that provide greater protection for my eyes.


However, although the cost of transition lenses is less expensive than the cost of treating complications (such as corneal ulcers) resulting from improper contact lens use, the cost of transition lenses is still a significant increase over what I'm accustomed to paying, so I'd rather wait until prices drop (hopefully soon!).


In the meanwhile, I'm going to give my eyes a much-needed rest by switching back to wearing spectacles once again.



No comments